Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Corner Table

My mom is the best gift-giver that has ever lived. For our birthdays this year she gave us a gift certificate to Corner Table. This wasn't just any gift certificate but one for the chef's table in the kitchen.

We were advised to get there when the restaurant opened around 5:30pm and the concept is that the chef continues to feed you course after course of the most delicious food you can imagine until the place closes or you can't take it anymore. My goal was to make it all night and get down as many courses as possible. Adam and I strategized for over a month on how we were going to pack it all in.

When we first arrived I was feeling pretty intimidated about some of the comments left on the blackboard behind our table. Not knowing exactly what we were in for, seeing things like "full frontal bacon", "19 courses? OMG!", "I need bigger fat pants" and "Please make him stop" made me question if we really had it in us. Especially since wine pairings were to be served with every course.
Words cannot begin to describe how delicious our entire meal was. My camera only lasted 7 courses and Adam was ready to crap out after the 10th. Somehow Adam regrouped (or purged) and we went another 8 courses, most of them dessert. I have been in a food coma until the posting of this blog so I apologize for the delay. I know half of you reading this (ie: Cassie) have been anxiously awaiting the details.

Here are of some of the highlights:

This was our favorite course: Chicken Rillet on pickled carrots and onions.


This gnocci was fantastic. The picture does 't do it justice.


You don't have to be Polish to enjoy this chocolate perogie



According to the other chefs working we did pretty well- 18 courses total.


And thankfully we planned on taking a cab back home...


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finally posting this..I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete