Greetings from the Land of 10,000 lakes deep-fried foods. For the last 6 years, around this time, I have sunk into a minor depression thinking about all the cheese curds, Sweet Martha's cookies, roasted corn on the cob, pronto pups and other delicious goodies I have missed out on, but this year my slump is over! And to make it better, I'm eating for two! The Minnesota State Fair, aka, "The Great Minnesota Get-Together" prides itself on having every food under the sun "on a stick".
For example:
(that's right folks... mashed potatoes on a stick)
Adam and I went for doubles on the cheese curds:
Adam had two pronto-pups:
We got together with some family:
And even saw Andrew Zimmern! (That's him in the back behind my cousin):
Where else can you see a 90 pound block of butter carved into the likeness of someone's head?
An entire exhibit hall dedicated to corn? (Ok, maybe Nebraska...)
A block-long row of John Deere tractors?
And get your picture taken with the Spam mascot?
Ahhhh.... so glad it won't be another 6 years before we get to do this all again.






LOVE IT!!!!! Maybe we can join the Merrill family at "The Great Minnesota Get-Together" next year!!!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteP.S. how many people can say they know a REAL LIFE "Butter Queen"?!?!?!?
ReplyDelete