Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bye Bye Bu




With Baby Merrill on the way, Adam decided we I needed a new vehicle. I really couldn't figure out why since the Bu was free and seemed to suit our needs just fine. I have had some good times in  this 2002 Malibu. It's the car I had when I first met Adam, the car that I drove to Arizona with my mom to start grad school, the car I then moved back to Minnesota in 5 years later (again with Mom) as well as the source of many close calls and lessons.



I thank my trusty rabbit's foot for not getting more dents and dings.


When the turn signal went out I learned I could punch the dashboard to get it to work. This was actually a bonus as it made me feel cool in a Fonzy-kind-of way. Eventually someone pointed out I could push on the circuit behind the vent to get it to work... not as cool.



I gained confidence in my mechanic-abilities when I figured out how to top off the coolant every month in addition to learning that the funny light on my dash meant "low coolant".


Apparently, parking your car in the scorching Arizona sun for 5 years straight can be rough on the paint job.

Good-Bye Malibu


Hello 4Runner, aka: mom-car!










No comments:

Post a Comment